Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Saturday hike

If the weather holds and nothing else happens, A and I are planning our first hike in the Alps on Saturday. I found one called the Four Lakes Hike about 2 hours drive from here. No further -- less actually -- than what I used to drive to hit a good day-hike west of Boulder. You take a cable car to the beginning of the hike, which is somewhat of a climb through a pass, and then mostly level as you pass three more lakes during about four hours of walking. Then you take a cable car down to a village where you catch a bus to a train station. Then you ride trains back to the place where you started to get your car and go home.

I hope the weather holds. I can't believe we haven't gone hiking yet. But I have three-four more hikes planned with a friend who's coming for a week in early September, which I hear from locals is actually the best weather month for hiking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment